Introduction to ITER
- Doctor degree in Physical Sciences. Universidad Complutense de Madrid, Spain. 1988-1992. Ph.D. Thesis : Study of Energy and Particle Fluxes at the Plasma Edge of the JET Tokamak.
· 1992 – 1997. Postdoctoral researcher at the Joint European Torus – Plasma Boundary Group.
· 1997 – 2007. European Commission Scientific Officer at the European Fusion Development Agreement Garching Plasma Physics Group. Responsible for the EFDA Technology Programme in the area of plasma-wall interactions for ITER (2002-2007) and Deputy Leader of the European Union Plasma-Wall Interactions Task Force (2002-2005).
-1994-2001. Member of the ITER Divertor Modelling and Database Expert Group.
-1999-2001. Co-chairman of the ITER Divertor Modelling and Database Expert Group.
-1999-2001. Member of the ITER Physics Committee.
-2001 – 2007. Member of the ITPA (International Tokamak Physics Activities) Edge Plasma and Divertor Physics Topical Group.
· 2008 – 2012. ITER Organization staff at the Science and Operations Department.
· 2013 - 2017 Section Leader of the Plasma Confinement and Modelling Section at the Science and Operations Department.
· 2018 - present Science Division Head at the Science and Operations Department.
-2009 – present. Secretary of the ITER Council Science and Technology Advisory Committee.
-2008 – 2012. Co-chairman of the ITPA (International Tokamak Physics Activities) Edge Plasma and Pedestal Physics Topical Group.
-2012 – present. Co-chairman of the ITPA (International Tokamak Physics Activities) Transport and Confinement Topical Group.